Jul 28, 2022
Has Title IX compliance got you
stressed? Are you confused about the new proposed regulations?
Well, this episode is for you! It is hard to believe that July is
almost over and with it comes a new set of proposed Title IX
regulations. The academic year is in full swing, which means new
students and employees, making it essential for institutions and
school districts to ensure Title IX compliance. The proposed
regulations are 700 pages, and Courtney has condensed them into a
Top 10 for you. We work through the most fundamental
additions, modifications, and changes in the proposed Title IX
regulations and learn when to expect their implementation. Tune in
to ensure you are up to date and prepared for the future of Title
IX with your host, Courtney Bullard!
Key Points From This Episode:
- We kick things off by learning about some NPRM
- When the comment period ends concerning the
proposed NPRM regulations.
- What happens after the comment period
- Find out when the proposed NPRM will be
- Learn how the scope of the proposed regulations
- How behavior may trigger the proposed
- The expansion of mandated training and who this
- Changes that have been made regarding employee
- An overview of the additional and modified
- How the Title IX coordinator's role will change
with the new regulations.
- Details about how the definition of Title IX
sexual harassment will change.
- Modifications to the grievance process and what
it encompasses explained.
- When an informal resolution can be implemented
and the role of a Title IX coordinator.
- The proposed approach to retaliation protection
in the new regulations.
- Ways in which the new regulations will deal
with discrimination concerning pregnancy.
- An outline of the proposed expansion of
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Higher Ed Community
K-12 Community Access
Higher Ed Virtual Certified IX
K-12 Virtual Certified Title IX
Courtney Bullard on
Courtney Bullard Email
ICS NPRM Webpage
NPRM Sample Information Email